1. a firm decision to do or not to do something.
Where on earth has the rest of 2016 gone?! I know I ask this every year, but I’m pretty sure we’ve skipped a few months somewhere! But, a new year means new resolutions – a long list of pointless aims which we all know will be thrown out the window by the start of February! This year, I’ve decided to be a bit more practical with my choices and maybe I’ll actually succeed in accomplishing them for once! I’ve decided to make a post today, sharing my resolutions for the year with you. I would love to know what resolutions you have for 2017!
My 2017 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Go colouring more often – colouring is something I actually really enjoy and find extremely relaxing! I hope that if I spend more time colouring, I might in turn spend less time on the internet – Instagram’s ‘Explore’ feature is a black hole I struggle to escape from… I also now have three barely touched colouring books, which have been piling up in a corner of my bedroom and I’m eager to start and finish them!
- Stop buying makeup I don’t need! Though I’m not putting myself under a full ‘makeup ban’, I do need to cut back on buying products of which I already own similar ones. For example, I keep buying new eyeshadow palettes when I genuinely need a new primer!
- ‘Deface’ at least one book – which is really just scribbling notes, marking favourite quotes, doodling inside, and the like! I originally saw this in this YouTube video by Pink Lemonade Reads, which lead me to watching an endless list of amazingly creative and artsy people turning their books into stunning pieces of art! I’m in awe!
- Reach my GoodReads reading challenge of 45 books again!
- The CLASSIC ‘get healthy’, though I think I’ll start small and get back into walking to start off with! (Had been going running almost three times a week from July until October, but that routine was thrown out a window at some point after that apparently!)
- Get into writing for fun, rather than the occasional school essay! I think a dream of mine would be to be an author one day!
- Blog more! Mainly putting more effort into the posts I do, and also writing posts that interest me!
I think that’s all for my 2017 Resolutions! I certainly tried to keep it small and achievable, though I suppose we’ll find out how that goes – I’ll definitely keep you guys updated! I’d love to hear what some of your resolutions are, or if you have any! See you soon.
Lots of love,